TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
Please note that the following Conditions of Sale should be read in conjunction with the “Finishing, Care & Maintenance Instructions” which can be found within our brochures, on our website and within the packaging of all our doors.
CHECK YOUR GOODS
From the point of delivery by us or collection you have 3 working days to check your goods.
Within 3 Days You Must:
- Detail any damage you observe to the packaging of the goods or to the goods themselves on the delivery/collection note.
- Check that the goods delivered match your order exactly including the size ordered.
- Remove all packaging and check every delivered/collected item for damage and/or manufacturing faults. Do not assume that a perfectly wrapped door is in perfect condition.
It is important that you thoroughly check your doors for any of the following potential faults, prior to commencing any alterations AND BEFORE BOOKING A TRADESMAN:
- Visible damage i.e. scratches, dents or chips.
- Warping or bowing beyond a 6mm tolerance.
- Scratches on glass (if supplied).
- Wrong door model or size supplied.
- Two odd doors supplied where the order specified a matching pair.
The above are examples of potential faults/errors but this list is not exhaustive.
Please also note that our Factory Pre-Finished Doors should not have any visible defects or damages when viewed in natural daylight from a distance of 0.5 metres or above. In rooms where there is no daylight scratches should be viewed in artificial light from a fixed wall or celling outlet NOT from portable equipment such as a torch. (As per N.H.B.C. guidelines).
DO NOT THROW AWAY THE “Finishing, Care & Maintenance Instructions” LEAFLET WITHIN YOUR DOOR’S PACKAGING.
This provides critical information and instruction for whomever is preparing or fitting your door and guidance to ensure you will remain happy with your door in the coming years.
If your delivery has been made by courier please note that once you have signed the receipt confirming that the goods have arrived in good condition, we are not able to progress any claim for damaged products. We cannot proceed with a damage claim if you have written “Unchecked” on the Delivery Note; you MUST thoroughly check the entire delivery before signing as accepting the goods. A courier delivery is made by a third party to the kerbside and will require on-site labour to move the doors into the house/ site. Delivery by Todd Doors’ liveried vehicles is made to the ground floor of the property.
Please Note: by fitting, finishing or making any alterations, the doors will be deemed to have been accepted as supplied. No claims – either relating to damage or faulty manufacture - will be entertained on any product that has been altered in ANY way. It is up to YOU, the customer to check the goods NOT the person fitting the products.
STORAGE & INSTALLATION
- Ensure prior to fitting that all doors are stored in a cool, dry atmosphere and kept flat.
- Only fit Internal doors internally.
- Only fit External doors externally.
- Ensure doors are not hung in damp or newly plastered rooms and exercise caution when fitting on newly screeded floors or when the doors will be exposed to extremes of heat or humidity, i.e. conservatories, close to radiators, inside double-glazed porches etc.
- Doors fitted on kitchens and bathrooms should be well-ventilated to prevent prolonged periods of exposure to moisture.
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED, FOR EXAMPLE SPLITTING, CRACKING ETC., IF DOORS HAVE BEEN HUNG AND NOT PROPERLY PROTECTED FROM MOISTURE PENETRATION.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
We have tried to provide a lot of information as clearly as possible, but if you have any questions regarding our Conditions of Sale please do call one of our Door Experts.
- Our Sales Contract is with the named person or Company on the sales Order Acknowledgment.
- Our guarantee may be transferred to the first owner of a new build or refurbished property up to 6 months after supply if purchased by a trade account holder. Proof of purchase will be requested to confirm ownership and rightful transfer of title where delivery addresses differ.
- All items must be paid for in full prior to delivery or collection unless account facilities are in place. (By opening an Account with us you have agreed to be bound by our payment terms). The title of goods remains with Todd Doors Ltd. until full payment has been made.
- We shall not be held responsible for any incidental work or expenses arising due to any defect in our product or failure to deliver within an estimated time frame.
- Lead times are estimates and not a firm date of arrival for goods. Various factors affect the supply of goods.
- In the event of goods proving to be defective (manufacturer’s defect only) which need replacement, our liability shall not exceed the replacement of faulty goods.
- Orders are non-cancellable and non-refundable once an order has beenconfirmed and it cannot be amended unless by mutual agreement.
- Returns for incorrectly ordered or unwanted product in a customer’s possession for over 14 days will be subject to a 15% handling charge.
- We are unable to accept returns after 56 days under any circumstances.
- A collection charge will be applied if we are requested to arrange the transportation element of any return.
- All returns and refunds are entirely at the discretion of the Duty Manager.
- Goods must be returned in perfect condition, with complete original packaging and proof of purchase.
WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAILURE TO SUPPLY WITHIN AN ESTIMATED LEADTIME AND YOU SHOULD NOT BOOK A TRADESMAN UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED AND FULLY CHECKED YOUR GOODS.
- We will keep you up to date with any changes in the progress of your order. If your order is particularly time critical, please notify us in writing of your time-frame and we will confirm whether we accept your order on this basis.
- Whilst we will make every effort to accommodate your preferred delivery date, this is not always feasible. We will however do our utmost to deliver as close to your desired date as possible.
- Made-to-order/tailor-made/bespoke items are non-cancellable and non- refundable once an order has been confirmed and therefore cannot be amended unless by mutual agreement.
- In the case of made-to-order/tailor-made/bespoke items a deposit of at least 50% of the total value including VAT is required at the time of ordering. Should any items no longer be required, the deposit will be retained and the balance owing invoiced for settlement within 28 days of date of invoice.
- We cannot guarantee continuity in product (i.e. timber colour, grain, panel sizes etc. may vary). To avoid mis-matching products please order all goods for a project in one go.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control prices may be altered up or down.
- Prices of individual products do not include delivery charges (where applicable).
- We accept orders from all over the world but ask that you arrange your courier/shipping for destinations outside of mainland UK. On signing for the product(s) at the point of collection or delivery, your agent is confirming as your representative that the goods have been provided satisfactorily. N.B. Our guarantee is not valid for products once they are outside of mainland UK.
- If any mistakes are made through human error we will do our utmost to rectify them as quickly as possible.
- Due to the vagaries of the printing process and the natural qualities of timber, colours in our catalogue are for guidance and may not be exactly replicated in the final product.
- Todd Doors Ltd. reserves the right to alter our manufacturing suppliers, construction methods and price without notice.
- Internal doors bought after 14th July 2020 benefit from a Lifetime Guarantee, so long as the “Finishing, Care & Maintenance Instructions” have been followed and the finish maintained.
- External doors are offered with a five year guarantee so long as the “Finishing, Care & Maintenance Instructions” have been followed and the finish maintained.
- If you are unhappy in any way with a product of ours, or believe a product to be defective or faulty, then please contact our Customer Services Department:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0808 164 0072
- In writing: Customer Services, Todd Doors Ltd, 28 Soothouse Spring, St Albans AL3 6PF
In the event that you are not satisfied with the outcome of any complaint, under the Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) you have the right to raise your concerns with an ADR body, who are approved and regulated by the Trading Standards Institute - we would therefore refer you to the Small Claims Mediation Service.
ORDERS MADE VIA OUR WEBSITE OR TELEPHONE
For further information, please refer to our complete Website Returns Policy which can be found HERE
Door Furniture that is supplied by Todd Doors is covered by specific Terms & Conditions and Guarantees. These additional terms can be found HERE
Deliveries that are made on our own vehicles will be made to a ground floor location only. Deliveries made via a third party courier will be on a kerbside only basis. For more info regarding deliveries CLICK HERE.