3 Designer Looks For Your Home This Autumn
When it comes to decorating our homes, we can easily get distracted by paint colours and wallpaper patterns. But it can be easy to forget the one thing that will make a HUGE difference to your room scheme – updating your internal doors.
That is why today, we have asked interior stylist (and award winning lifestyle blogger) Maxine Brady from We Love Home to share her top three interior design looks for Autumn 2019 using our doors as a starting point. Follow her expert tips and advice to get the room of your dreams.
The One Easy Home Upgrade That’ll Make A Huge Difference
Hey – I’m Maxine and I’m a professional interior stylist and journalist. My day job is to pull together home décor looks to appear on the cover of interior magazines, in the press and in store.
I’m often asked how to pull a look for a room together. And my starting point is always to create a mood board of my ideas to get a clear understanding of how the room is going to look. As an interior stylist, I know that picking great fixtures and fittings will give your home a designer look.
One element we tend to overlook is our internal doors. Swapping your ugly doors for something that looks more stylish can be key to nailing an interior trend. Today, in this post I’m sharing three looks that I know you will love where the internal door takes centre stage.
What I love about Todd Doors is the extent of their range. Did you know that they stock over 400 different door styles? And you can personalise each door in a huge range of colours to match your room styling. Such a great idea when you are looking to create a unique look.
Colour Blocking In Your Living Room
One of the biggest trends to hit our homes this Autumn is the move towards rich, deep jewel shades. The colour palette is deep navy blue with splashes of burnt orange, glimmer golds and ochre yellow. To nail this look go for blocks of colour on your walls then add strong patterns and pops of colour with your furniture and accessories. Team with the Davos door.
1. Apartment Apparel Living furniture, from a selection of Argos Home
2. Bold Monkey Deco Light in yellow, £69, Cuckooland.com
3. Roman Aztec patterned floor rug, £119, Swoon
4. Faux plant, £6, Primark
5. Mori sofa in orange velvet, from £995, Habitat
6. Round metal tray side table in grey and gold, £119, Cult Furniture
7. Preston Geo Cushion, £10, Dunelm
Minimalist Scandi Design In Your Kitchen
This Autumn, there is going to be a huge shift in how we design our kitchens. Walls are made from raw plaster or polished concrete. The fixtures and fittings are made from deep cherry woods, walnuts and dark oaks. Imagine clutter free surfaces, simple lines and light and airy spaces.
Team with the Como door in Walnut with Aluminium effect inlay details.
1. Astep VV Cinquanta Wall Light, £482, Nest.co.uk
2. Persephone Tea Towel, £9.50, Cambridge Imprint Kitchen
3. Savanna Acacia board, £25, Debenhams
4. Tinkisso Kitchen Tap in Black, £89.99, Dowsing & Reynolds
5. String Pocket Shelving in Blush, £126, Nest.co.uk
6. Chiswick wooden dining chair, £109, Cult Furniture
7. Kanso Living Ceramic Large Canister, £10, Sainsbury’s Home
Blush Tones In Your Bedroom
As the nights get colder, we retreat more into our bedrooms where we want to feel warm and cosy. Make the bed the centre of your room with a touchy-feely velvet headboard. Layer up your linens with grey brush cottons, lots of jersey throws in teal and pinks. Choose a textured rug for something soft underfoot. Pick a statement pink for your wall colour to finish off the look.
Team with the Model 4500 and get it sprayed in a bespoke shade – PINK.
1. Furniture and accessories, from a selection at Swoon
2. Black Palms on Pink 13×13 cm art print by Emanuela Carratoni, £7, Art Wow
3. ‘Wink’ Fringed Wall Light In Candy Pink, £375, Audenza
4. Laleli rug, £249, Cult Furniture
5. Aurelia round marble patterned wall clock, £54, Cult Furntiure
6. Marie footstool in teal velvet, £69, Cult Furniture
7. Ceramic bud vase in rose, £51, Cult Furniture
Has this post inspired you to decorate your home in bolder shades this Autumn?
Let us know if these trends and ideas inspire you to get decorating your own home this Autumn in the hottest trend looks.
Whatever you decide to do, go be different and make a statement.